CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Goji Berries

So, my kids' newest food obsession is apparently also a new super food adored by surfers - who knew? Chock full of cancer fighting antioxidants. What is this wonder food?  Goji berries. Tiny red berries imported from Asia.  I think they are mostly bitter with a hint of sweetness. And my boys adore them. (Ahhh, what discriminating palettes. . . OK, they love P&J too). 


Whenever I get to my favorite health and natural food store I always try to pick something new and interesting up. Dried fruits and veggies are always a great car food. Our favorite (besides the new Goji berry addition) is organic dried peas ( www.justtomatoes.com for info.). Much better than a happy meal. (Although it's nice to know that you can at least get some apple slices from a McDonald's drive thru in a pinch:)  

I'm a believer in simple food. Good food. Goji berry food. And while I used to feel alone as the "crunchy granola" type, what I feed myself and my family is becoming mainstream. I wonder if all of us parents whose friends and relatives are succumbing to cancer (my husband's uncle passed away this week), are trying to offer our kids something better. I hope so. 

0 comments: