CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008





Wow, I have a lot of things that I want to add to this blog. I have just uploaded a week's worth of photos. Here are the highlights:


The first photo is of the boys watching the large tractor snow blower going by our house. They run to the window to catch a glimpse before it's too late!

We had a little tea party yesterday with the boys and one of their friends, as well as some stuffed friends. We made an Indian bread from a mix, and had Pocky sticks from Japan, as well as Anna's Swedish cookies. Our tea was PandaBerry from the Republic of Tea. It was a fun taste of food from around the world, which is the theme we are studying right now. 

We made some treats for our dog, Olaf. The boys had great fun mixing it up and cutting out the bones. It was also a way to use up some whole wheat flour that has been sitting on our shelf way too long. I also added some flax seed to make them extra healthy. The really fun part about this project for me? I don't have to be as vigilant about clean hands and work surface because the food ends up in the dog's tummy - after all, he does eat off the floor. Also, the treats are for Olaf, not the boys, which means no begging for more cookies! And they love doing something special for Olaf, a sometimes neglected member of the family. Here's our simple recipe: 

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter

Mix it up, cut it out, and bake it on a cookie sheet at 375 F for 20 minutes.

We made a volcano after talking about Japan and how the islands were formed from volcanic erruptions. The ol' baking soda and vinegar trick really makes the boys laugh! I thought the red food coloring and play dough made it extra fun. 

All these little things we do together make our days special and when I feel like I'm not being "productive" enough, I look back on the time we spent together and know that it's all worthwhile.