CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Very Random




Well, it has been a whole week since I posted, and I will be out of town this week, so I wanted to add a little something from the "archives" (ie my iphoto library). Here are some photos that I dug up and the corresponding explanations. 

 
Since Ansel loves pouring, I filled a cup with lentils and let him pour into another cup (ideally over the provided tray) and continue back and forth. Of course the floor ended up covered with lentils. . . but it was fun and very Montessori-ish, which always makes me feel happy. 

Another of Ansel's favorites is play dough, with the addition of a knife (plastic of course, which he refers to a "sishers" - scissors). Sometimes he hits the jackpot and we roll endless worms for him to slice and dice. 

One of our Christmas purchases was this plastic  Bilibo - can't remember if that's the correct spelling, but I got it from Magic Cabin, and have seen it many other places. It's appeal was its open-endedness (I'm making up all kinds of words today) - use if for a tunnel, in the bath tub (hypothetically - we haven't actually done this), a helmet. . .  the favorite seems to be a sit and spin sort of thing, which Caedmon is doing here. It has sat unused for weeks on end and I was beginning to think it was a waste of money, but it has recently made a comeback - whoohoo! 

Well, must go. Presently the washer and dryer are both beeping (I desperately need to hang a clothesline), the dishwasher needs to be emptied, bags need to be packed. . . you know the stuff that makes up a day (not to mention the dentist appointment I have this afternoon - arrgh). But, I keep typing, why? Because Ansel lies contentedly on my lap, nursing, hopefully to sleep. And (don't laugh if you know me), today and tonight are his last precious nursing experiences. Because I am going out of town for three days and the plan is for the milk to dry up and both of us to move on. Am I sad? You betcha. But it is time. Sorry for the ramble, but he has dozed off and I am now going to drink my tea before putting him down and tending to those darn beeping machines. 


0 comments: