CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Sculpey Prints


Another simple and wonderful project that I discovered at The Artful Parent. Sweet little imprints of nature: basically the boys and I walked around the yard and collected leaves, twigs, flowers, etc. We rolled little balls of Sculpey dough and then pressed them down onto the object to imprint. I then baked them following the package directions. The boys have enjoyed these immensely; they're so pretty and tactile. I was thinking that if we made doubles of everything next time, it would be a fun version of a "memory" game, turning them over and trying to find pairs. My favorite parts:  a. the boys can do most of the steps themselves b. it's a nature/learning connection c. the process and product are lovely (you could also make beads with these!)


Check out the version at The Artful Parent, because her directions and photos are way better than mine! 

1 comments:

Hannah Marie said...

I really like caramel apples!