CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Feather Finds


Here is a little post about one of Caedmon's current past times: collecting feathers. He's always noticing them on the ground and bringing them to me (I then put them in the freezer, which makes me believe that the germs have been thoroughly annihilated - even if they haven't, it makes me feel better). I really didn't know how to display them, but recalled seeing a magazine photo one time, where they were displayed in a wicker ball. Having had a previous life as a Pier 1 employee, I knew where to find such a ball. For $1.50 I had a great way to display his treasures. Now he likes to take them all out and sort them by type and height, and then rearrange them in the ball. I like that it looks fabulous in our living room, and is something that he enjoys and is proud of. Now if I could just figure out all those bird calls. It seems I never know who is serenading us as we walk through the woods (or perhaps more precisely, hollering at us for disturbing their peace). 

0 comments: