CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Birthday Boy!




Caedmon is 5! Tell the world, because he wants EVERYONE to know! And, ahhh, I just realized I forgot to tell the world via ohdeedoh, so that must be done also. Stay tuned for that. 


So, here are some photos from the tree house picnic we hosted. The cupcakes were an idea from, of course, an old issue of Martha Stewart Kids. I decorated them with fondant and candies. The boys helped me create the forest with mint and thyme from our yard. While they ate the cupcakes, I read The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, one of my favorites, and appropriate for the occasion. We also gave the birds a treat, by using pinecones from our yard as feeders. We just smothered them in peanut butter and rolled in birdseed. I used raffia as a hanger, which I figured was a more eco/bird friendly material than the fishing line that was suggested when I was scouting for ideas. Joel saw a squirrel trying to steal one the feeders yesterday; I like the squirrels, they are very entertaining and I think they get a bad rap. :-) 

I'll post more about birthday festivities later; camping!!! 

0 comments: