CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

ShavingCream Prints





When the boys don't want to take a bath/shower, a little trick is to ask them, "would you like to paint with shaving cream?" (This is not a bribe. Because I never bribe. Just want to make that clear :) Recently, I saw in mommy BlogLand ideas for mixing paint with shaving cream, so we had a little clean fun recently:

1. First, I sprinkled dry watercolors of their choice on top of a mound of shaving cream (on cookie sheets). 
2. They mixed the colors. This is always a favorite part. 
3. They created pictures with their fingers. (I've also used shaving cream for writing practice, but the paint takes it up a notch in the fun category.)
4. We placed watercolor paper on top and pressed gently, creating a print. 
5. Let them dry and hang them up. 
6. Repeat, unless you're running low on supplies, in which case you might want to conserve, as I know skipping shaving is not an option on my part, unless I want to resemble a gorilla. 

0 comments: