CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

PlaceMats


I have been wanting to make placemats for a very long time - ones that would fit on our tiny table, and would show the boys how to set the tiny table properly. A little scaffolding goes a long way. My original thought was to make felt mats and use embroidery floss to outline the place setting. TOO MUCH WORK - so it never happened. Here is the easy alternative that finally hit me. I took this cute paper with a different pattern on each side (reversible!), cut it into rectangles and drew the place setting on each one with a colored pencil. Then I took them to the library and had them laminated. I used a dry erase marker to draw the scalloped edges and then cut them out. Finally, I took a hole punch to fancy 'em up a bit. Caedmon carefully placed each piece of silverware on the mats at dinnertime - he even made sure the knife blades faced the plates! Yay! May I say that I think these are fabulous? Because I do. I might be cheesy, but I'm OK with that. Oh, and the cost of these darlings. The paper - $1.00 on clearance. The laminating - $1.50. $2.50 divided by 4 equals 62.5 cents each. Double Yay!

0 comments: