CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Recycled Paper



I got a  little paper making factory for Christmas. The boys and I tried it out and it was pretty cool. . . but I think if I actually made paper often, I'd have to produce it in larger quantities. It was a lot of work to make two tiny pieces with this kit. You could do the same thing with an electric blender and a larger screen.  It's a simple process - rip up paper, soak it in warm water, blend it into pulp, smush it onto a screen, dry it out. We added flower seeds to ours (leftover from last spring) - so we can plant the paper. I think it'd be fun to make greeting cards that are plantable. As an aside, I actually got the boys some paper made from banana leaves and elephant POOP. I don't think we can beat that, because I am definitely not going to be putting any excrement into our paper. 

0 comments: